This three-year Ontario College Advanced Diploma program provides students with training in traditional, 3D, 2D tradigital and video game animation techniques. The program of study includes animation, life drawing and design courses focusing on all facets of animation including performance-based character animation, location design, character design, gestures and anatomy studies.
Graduates gain the knowledge, skills and techniques required to work effectively as animators using a variety of tools within a professional animation or game studio.
Post Type:- Advanced Diploma
Commencing:- Fall 2018
Duration:- 3 Years
- English, Grade 12 (ENG4C or equivalent).
- Submit a portfolio of 10-15 samples illustrating artistic ability. The portfolio must include samples of formal life drawing, perspective drawing, and fantasy or cartoon drawing. Details of an additional home drawing test will be sent upon receipt of your application. Samples of work to be submitted for assessment must be 8-1/2 x 11. Portfolio submission details can be found on the Algonquin College Animation website at www2.algonquincollege.com/mediaanddesign/program/animation.
- Applicants with International transcripts must provide proof of the subject specific requirements noted above along with proof of either: IELTS-International English Language Testing Service-Overall band of 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each band; OR TOEFL-Internet-based (iBT)-overall 80, with the minimum of 20 in each component: Reading: 20; Listening: 20; Speaking: 20; Writing: 20.
How to Apply:-
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent. Applicants with an OSSD showing senior English and/or Mathematics courses at the Basic Level, or with Workplace or Open courses, will be tested to determine their eligibility for admission; OR
- Academic and Career Entrance (ACE) certificate; OR
- General Educational Development (GED) certificate; OR
- Mature Student status (19 years of age or older and without a high school diploma at the start of the program). Eligibility may be determined by academic achievement testing for which a fee of $50 (subject to change) will be charged.
Please visit program website
For application guidance
Send your CV at email@example.com, we will guide you step by step in the application process.Please do mention ADDA, Algonquin in the subject line of your email.