Leadership positions are complex, requiring specialized skills and an understanding of many roles. VCC’s Business Leadership and Management Certificate program combines leadership and management courses that equip emerging leaders with the knowledge, skills, and confidence that enable them to successfully lead, supervise, and manage in the public, private, or nonprofit sectors. Required courses focus on timely and topical foundation themes while electives highlight issues related to proven leadership practices and skills to help achieve leadership potential.
This program positions graduates for career advancement by teaching them how to maximize their leadership potential in a business environment while meeting the knowledge and skills base desired by industry. Graduates may ladder into BCIT’s part-time certificate programs in Leadership, Human Resource Management, or Business Management.
- Advance organizational objectives and meet challenges by communicating effectively in a variety of settings.
- Explain management’s responsibility to act ethically in regard to relevant stakeholders and the environment.
- Demonstrate critical business thinking in leadership and management.
- Use accounting principles, financial strategies, and investment options to analyze and maximize the financial health of a business.
- Evaluate leadership theories and perspectives with awareness of their own strengths and areas needing development.
- Apply human resource processes and systems for supervisors, line managers, and entrepreneurs.
- Describe the issues arising from government policies, ethics, marketing, finance and economics, and the overall components of business operations.
- Apply sales and marketing strategies and concepts such as team building, relationship selling, services and non-profit selling, global selling, the multicultural workplace, technology, small business, and increasing competition.
|Please note that not all Continuing Studies programs are available to international students. To determine your eligibility, please contact VCC’s International Education Office at: email@example.com or 604.443.8600.|
For more information please visit program website