A Diploma in Criminology will be awarded to students who complete the equivalent of two years of required first and second-year courses at Northern Lights College. The diploma is intended to prepare students for entry-level employment positions and for continued studies in academic and professional programs. Relevant areas of work and additional education include Corrections, Criminology, Criminal Justice, Forensic Studies, and Law Enforcement.
Commencing:- Year 2018
* A. Domestic students must have official transcripts demonstrating the following English Requirement: One of the following with a “B” grade or higher: Grade 12 English, English Literature 12, English 12 First Peoples, English 050, or English 099. Alternatively, any university-level English course with a “C” grade or higher. Students who do not meet one of the above English requirements must complete the NLC Writing Assessment for appropriate course placement.
* B. International students must have documentation demonstrating the following English Requirement: An IELTS with an overall score of 6.0 or higher with no band less than 5.5. Students with a writing band of 6.0 or less are required to complete English 099 with a “B” grade or higher before or during the first semester of their program. The necessity for upgrading can extend the length of the program.
-In addition, all Diploma students must have successfully completed one of the following Math courses: One of Principles of Mathematics 11, Pre-Calculus 11, Foundations of Mathematics 12, Math 040, Math 108, or Management 111 or equivalent.
-Applicants who do not have secondary school and/or post-secondary transcripts that provide documentation of prerequisites should speak with a Northern Lights College Admissions Officer. In these situations, entry-level skills may be evaluated as required through the Writing Assessment, the College and Career Preparation Math Assessment, or other assessments.
How to apply:-
- Print off the appropriate application or registration
- Submit the completed application form, transcripts of secondary and post-secondary education, and any other required information specified in the program’s Admission Prerequisites.
- Consult with Student Services or an Admissions Officer for more information on, or to register for, any assessment(s) required to meet the Admissions Prerequisites for your program.
- Complete any assessments required, or provide any additional documentation, required to meet the Admission Prerequisites for your program.
- Wait for a Letter of Acceptance from NLC indicating that you have met the prerequisites, been accepted into the program to which you applied, and that a seat is available in that program for the upcoming intake.
- Pay the deposit outlined in the Letter of Acceptance to guarantee your place in the program. Deposits may be paid at Student Services any NLC campus. Please note that the number of Letters of Acceptance issued may exceed the number of seats available. Your seat is not guaranteed until your deposit is paid.
- Complete any additional requirements that were outlined in your Letter of Acceptance
- Pay the balance of your tuition and any other outstanding fees no later than the first day of class for your program.
For more information please check here
Please visit program website
For application guidance
Send your CV at email@example.com, we will guide you step by step in the application process.Please
do mention DIC, Northern Lights in the subject line of your email.