CE’s Master of Engineering (M.Eng.) program is designed for students who want to pursue their electrical and computer engineering education beyond the undergraduate level but are looking for an alternative to a thesis-based research program. The M.Eng. is now considered a minimum qualification for graduation in Europe and the content provided here exceed those expectations.
The Master of Engineering program requires students to complete 30 credits of coursework with the option of completing a supervised project. Students are free to choose among a number of graduate and senior undergraduate courses to complete the program.
Possible areas of concentration include:
- Computer Systems
- Energy Production
- Energy Utilization
- Micro/Nano Electronic Systems
- Signal Processing
- Software Engineering
Find out more about the Program.
Post type: Master of Engineering
Commencing: September 2018
Application Deadline: 15th January 2018
Applicants to the M.Eng. program must have an accredited (by UBC) four year Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or a closely related field. It is preferred that M.Eng. applicants have some industrial experience. Admission to the MEng program is conducted by the Department through the ECE MEng Program Advisor (MPA) and the ECE Graduate Advisor. Please note that M.Eng. applicants do not require a supervisor in order to apply.
UBC is a large and complex institution. Policies related to graduate students are governed by different bodies within the University depending on the scope and content of each policy.
Find out about admissions and program policies impacting the Master of Engineering Program before you submit your application.
- UBC Graduate Studies Admissions GPA and language requirements are the same for M.Eng and M.A.Sc. applicants.
- ECE Admissions Policies
- APSC Master of Engineering Policies
- Visit YouBC to find out about life on campus and in Vancouver
How to apply
Applicants should review the M.Eng. program requirements and UBC requirements above to ensure they qualify before submitting an application. Note that this is a competitive process and meeting the minimum requirements is not normally adequate to guarantee admittance.
***Please note that for September 2017 applications we have extended our application deadline to January 31st, 2017 – for programs starting in September, decisions are made by April 1.
Applicants should ensure that all necessary documents are included in their M.Eng. application:
- Official transcripts from each post-secondary institution (PDF version)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- UBC-specified Statement of Purpose
- English Proficiency exam (if required)
- Scan copy of Permanent Resident card or Canadian Citizenship card (if applicable)
- Three confidential reference reports. At least one of your references should detail your academic achievement and how you would perform in a graduate level degree program. The online application form will ask for the contact information for the referees. The referee will be invited by email and will respond by email. Applicants can check the status of submission through their online application form account.
For more information please visit the program website.