Explore the art of fine food with AUT’s new Master of Gastronomy. This multifaceted postgraduate program takes an in-depth look into the study of food, food culture, food history and food politics throughout this multifaceted degree.
Strongly influenced by New Zealand and the Pacific, this master’s degree has been developed so that those with a strong interest in these areas can create their masterpiece.
Enrolment in the course will advance your knowledge in the principles and history of gastronomy. You will be able to create new knowledge and critically evaluate information, whilst learning to communicate it effectively. Exposure to new media and technology will impact the way you develop your ideas and deliver your assignments.
A team of experienced and passionate lecturers with extensive academic and industry experience will guide you through a multidimensional food journey.
Duration:- 18 months
Start date:-26 February 2018 / 16 July 2018
- In order to be admitted to the Master of Gastronomy an applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of a B grade average or higher in papers at Level 7 or equivalent.
- In exceptional circumstances an applicant who does not meet the requirements above, but who has an appropriate combination of academic and professional experience may be considered for admission.
How to apply:-
1. Apply early
- Apply directly to AUT
- Download the application form for international students (pdf)
- Apply through an AUT registered agent
2. Complete your application
- Indicate your programme(s) of choice and major (if known)
- Check that you have:
- Completed all sections in full
- Included all required official documentation
3. Submit your application
- Submit your form online OR
- Email your application form and supporting documents to email@example.com
4. We acknowledge your application
- We will send you an acknowledgment email/letter, which explains how to check the status of your application
- We will contact you if we need more information
5. We assess your application
- We assess your application to ensure you have met the entry criteria for the programme(s) you are applying for
- We consider your academic history and relevant experience to make sure you can succeed in your programme
- Processing times (guide only – actual times vary according to programme): 1 week for undergraduate applications, 4 weeks for postgraduate applications
- Credit transfer/Recognition of Prior Learning applications will also take longer
6. You find out if your application has been accepted
- If your application is successful you will receive an Offer of Place letter, which includes information about tuition and other compulsory fees, insurance, when and how to pay your fees, student visas and where to find a copy of AUT’s refund policy
- If you applied through an AUT registered agent all correspondence will be sent to them
7. You decide about your offer
8. We send you a receipt
- We will send you an official receipt once we have received your payment
- You need to present this receipt to the nearest Immigration NZ office along with a copy of your Offer of Place to obtain a student permit/visa
9. Apply for your visa to study at AUT
- You need a valid visa to study at AUT
- Applying for a visa to study at AUT
- Medical and travel insurance
For more information please visit program website