The Master of Health Science programme is tailored for health managers and health practitioners, specifically those working for DHBs, PHOs, the fitness industry and sports organisations, as well as social workers, community care workers and allied health practitioners.
You will expand your knowledge within an inter-disciplinary learning environment and develop skills in critical analysis, constructive synthesis, and advanced practice and research within your chosen discipline area. An option for this program is the completion of a 30 credit scholarly project or a 90 credit thesis. This provides the opportunity for you to critically examine philosophical, methodological and ethical issues that underpin research and establish a sound foundation for developing knowledge and understanding of the nature and application of research.
Post type:- Master
Commencing:-February/ July, 2018
- An undergraduate degree in a health science/health discipline with a B average or better.
- B average or better in a Bachelor Honours degree or a Postgraduate Diploma in a health field (120 credits at level 8)
- If you do not meet the Academic entry criteria above, you may be admitted to the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science, and upon successful completion of two courses (B average) from the list of approved courses for the Postgraduate Certificate in Health Science, gain admission to the Master of Health Science.
- provide evidence of having completed a relevant professional qualification; and
- provide evidence of successful completion of a relevant qualification or programme of study which is equivalent to those of first degree graduates, through the submission of a portfolio of evidence.
- Applicants who meet academic entry criteria may be required to attend an interview.
- If English is not your first language you may also be required to provide evidence of your English language skills. If you have no evidence of your English language skills and are a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, contact us for an assessment.
How to apply:-
- A verified copy of your birth certificate or passport proving your identity
- A copy of your highest academic achievement (eg NZQA Record of Achievement or other Academic Transcript, if applicable)
- Any additional documents required to support your application for your proposed programme of study. You can find this information on the appropriate programme page on our website
- International Students can also attach a copy of your passport, visa and IELTS or English Language assessment results.
Please download International Application Form
Please visit program website