Vancouver Community College provides a two-year diploma in Dental Technology Sciences. Graduates acquire the specialized knowledge and competencies comprising the scope of dental technology practice. The VCC Dental Technology Sciences program is based on the College of Dental Technicians of BC (CDTBC) required standards of competency for entry to the Dental Technology profession.
The curriculum integrates the related knowledge that supports the professional, productive and skilled design, fabrication, modification and repair of removable and fixed dental prostheses and appliances used in orthodontics and oral and maxillo-facial surgery. Students learn many technical aspects within the scope of practice of the dental technology profession.
The Dental Technology Sciences Diploma program leads to employment in, or ownership of, a dental laboratory. Graduates are eligible to write the licensing examinations according to the requirements of the CDTBC.
Commencing:- Year 2018
Admission to the Dental Technology Program is on a competitive selection basis. Applicants must possess:
- Grade 12, or equivalent
- English 12 with a C + or better or equivalent
- Human Biology 12 with a C+ or better or equivalent
- Chemistry 11 or Pre-Calculus 11 or Foundations of Math 11 or Physics 11 with C+ or better or equivalent
- Complete and submit to VCC Registrar’s Office a Career Investigation and Summary Report
- All qualified candidates who meet the admissions requirements by the deadline date will take the dexterity and aptitude tests. The deadline date will be identified on the program website and will be approximately 4 months before the program starts.
- The qualified applicants with the highest scores in the tests will be offered seats.
Upon Acceptance applicants must provide evidence of:
- Basic First Aid and CPR-Level C training
Note: The provincial regulatory authority (the College of Dental Technicians of BC) requires a clear criminal record prior to registration. Please note that failure to have a clear criminal record could prevent the student from being eligible for registration in BC.
All requests for transfer credits or course exemptions for all courses in the program must be submitted with application to the program. View the Request for Transfer Credit form.
- Good health including good eyesight and hearing
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to give close attention to detail for sustained periods of time
- Ability to work accurately and neatly, and to manage time effectively
- Good command of spoken and written English
- High standards of personal integrity and maturity
- Ability to take initiative and handle responsibility
- Applicants with back, hand or shoulder problems may be affected by the physical demands of the profession
- Prospective students with respiratory problems may be affected by dust from grinding and polishing and fumes from materials used
- Those with sensitive skin and conditions such as sensitivity to latex may also be affected by some materials used in dental laboratory practice.
How to apply:-
Any new applications will be considered for the September 2018 intake.
The Admissions Department must receive a completed application and official transcripts and the Career Investigation Form with a completed Summary of Observation by August 1, 2018.
The dexterity and aptitude tests will be offered /arranged by invitation for applicants who have submitted all admission requirements.
Letters of acceptance are sent prior to the start of the program, and students are required to make a first payment at this time to reserve a seat.
|If you’re ready and know the program you want, apply now.||Download and complete the (PDF) application/registration form and mail it to VCC Registrar’s Office||Visit us at one of our campus locations.|
After you apply, you can check application status to see if all of the requirements have been met or to update contact information. Please use the temporary login ID and Personal Identification Number (PIN) that you used to complete your original online application.
Please visit program website
For application guidance
Send your CV at email@example.com, we will guide you step by step in the application process.Please
do mention DTS, Vancouver Community in the subject line of your email.