Post type:- Diploma
Duration:- 2 years
This program provides the technical training required for starting a career in most fields of forest technology. The program emphasizes the recognition and appreciation of all the major values of the forest including timber, recreation, wildlife, range, fish, water, and visual landscapes. The program is accredited by the Canadian Technology Accreditation Board. Graduates of this program meet the required standard for membership in the Association of B.C. Forest Professionals (ABCFP) as Registered Forest Technologists (RFT).
- General admission requirements apply.
- English 12 with minimum “C” grade, or equivalent.
- A minimum “C” grade in either Principles of Mathematics 11 or Pre-calculus 11; or a minimum “C+” grade in Applications of Mathematics 11 or Foundations of Mathematics 11, or equivalent.
- One science 11 with minimum “C+” grade. (Forestry 11 satisfies this requirement.)
Recommendations for Admission
- Forestry 11 and 12, and Biology 11.
- Physically fit for work in the woods.
- Previous forestry-related employment to assess personal suitability for this career field is an asset.
How To Apply:-
Let us know your academic interests so that we can search & post programs matching your profile and interests.
Register Now for free.