Duration:- 2 years
This program prepares graduates to work collaboratively with registered pharmacists and the inter-professional health care team within their scope of practice. Students will learn dispensing and compounding skills using knowledge from labs and supervised clinical practice. Courses focus on professionalism, relevant legislations, pathophysiology, and pharmacology, customer care, software systems, and principles of quality assurance.
- Grade 12 English (C or U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics (C or U)
- Grade 11 or 12 Biology (C or U)
- Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry (C or U)
Language Proficiency Requirement:
The Pharmacy Technician Program is accredited by the Canadian Council for Accreditation of Pharmacy Programs (CCAPP).
The English proficiency requirement can be met through:
- Language proficiency test results that meet the National Association of Pharmacy Regulatory Authorities (NAPRA) Language Proficiency Requirements for Licensure as a Pharmacy Technician in Canada, further information can be found on their website at: http://napra.ca/sites/default/files/2017-08/Language_Proficiency_Requirements_for_Licensure_PharmTech_Nov2009_Final.pdf or
- Graduation from high school in Canada with four consecutive, first language English courses or credits; or
- An undergraduate degree from a university in Canada, whose instruction was provided in English
Let us know your academic interests so that we can search & post programs matching your profile and interests.
Register Now for free.