The GCIB is a fast paced, intense, integrated, full-time, cohort based program. Depending on graduating grade point average, successful graduates can move onto a Faculty of Management graduate diploma, or other graduate programs. Graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher may also apply to the VIU MBA program (work experience required).
- An undergraduate degree from a recognized institution or Red Seal Endorsement.
- Meet VIU’s International Student English Language Requirements for Graduate Programs.
- Applicants whose previous degree was obtained in a country where English is not the primary/official language and from a university where English was not the language of instruction must meet one of the following VIU English language requirements:
- Completion of VIU’s English Language Centre Graduate Preparation Program, or,
- A minimum score for English Language requirements for Graduate Programs.
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in business or commerce:
- Students with a minimum “C+” grade point average in five out of six business topic areas and a minimum “C+” overall grade point average may wish to apply directly for one of the Faculty of Management graduate diplomas. Other specific admission criteria such as work experience may be required.
- Students with a minimum “B” average in last two years of undergraduate degree may be eligible for admission to the MBA program at VIU. Other admission criteria may apply
How To Apply:-
All applications, transcripts, and additional forms become the property of Vancouver Island University and are not returned, whether a student is accepted or not. The only exception is where a document is deemed to be irreplaceable. If submitting such a document, please request its return at the time of submission.
Students applying for more than one program must submit an application for each request; however, only one set of transcripts will be required.
A new application must be completed any time a student is re-applying for a program – it may also be necessary to re-submit all supporting documents. If you are considering taking a year off, you should explore the opportunity for an official Leave of Absence.
For more information please follow program link