Post type:- Doctoral
Duration:- 3 years
- They are looking for highly motivated, creative and ambitious applicants with an excellent academic record and the ability to collaborate with other members of a multidisciplinary team, whilst developing their own research project. The grades at the qualifying MSc examination needs to be C or better (ECTS scale from A-E) to be admitted to the program. However, the Faculty seeks highly qualified candidates with top grades.
- The candidate should have an MSc degree (or equivalent) in a field relevant for the project – aquatic biosciences, molecular biology, or biotechnology.
- The ideal candidate must have performed research on microalgae for the master thesis focusing on high-value compounds derived from them. Experience working on cold adapted microalgae will be ideal for the position.
- Candidates with hands-on experience in one or more of the following techniques – microalgal culture, analyzing algal-derived metabolites employing gas chromatography or high-performance liquid chromatography would be considered suitable for the position. Peer-reviewed publications can add weightage to the candidature.
- Proficiency in oral and written English is essential and must be documented either by the Norwegian Higher Education Entrance Qualification or internationally recognized certificates, such as TOEFL, IELTS, APIEL or similar. Knowledge of a Scandinavian language is beneficial for the position.
How To Apply:-
- Cover letter outlining the candidate’s suitability for this position (one page), and a project outline based on the theme “Influence of light conditions on production of high-value compounds by microalgae” (maximum 2 pages) must be submitted. The non-submission of these documents will lead to the rejection of an otherwise qualified candidate.
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of publications (maximum 3 pages)
- Certified copies of academic degree transcripts and any other relevant qualifications
- Contact details for at least two referees
- Signed consent form consent form
Let us know your academic interests so that we can search & post programs matching your profile and interests.
Register Now for free